Sunday, January 13, 2008

Visit on 5th Jan 2008 - Singlish group (:

Dear all,

This is my first post here=). On the 5th of Jan, we had our 1st visit of the New Year. A great way to start 2008! =)

Our group visited 2 elderly. The 1st one is Guan Yin auntie. It was my first time visiting her. At the beginning, I was a little scared as the seniors said that she prefer guys to gals. However, as the seniors started chatting with her, I started enjoying the session.=) We started chatting abt the coming CNY and realised that she actually help people (whose zodiac clashes with the coming year of the rat) pay respect to Tai4 Shui4. We stayed there for quite sometime before proceeding to the next elderly, Mdm Quek. We helped her read a CNY card from her relative. She is invited for a wedding dinner in Malacca and hope she will enjoy her trip there=). She is always so friendly and throughout the conversion with her, she is always smilinG. I really enjoyed visiting her.

Although during these visits, I was less involved in the actual conversation with them, I truly enjoyed the session. Just able to listen to them share their past and experiences and seeing the smile and the many 'thank you' they said after the visit, it make me feel contented and glad to be there. =) Such visits allow me to learn and reflect on things and it is certainly an experience that is unforgettable. :)


~beehui

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home