Sunday, December 23, 2007

LB X'mas Celebration~!



Hohoho Merry Xmas everyone!! LB celebrated Christmas yesterday (22nd Dec 07) with the elderly as usual at the void deck. It is not really known to many people but the MCs yesterday mentioned that it was 冬至 as well, or more commonly known as the 汤圆 festival where people last time gathered around their stoves in winter to eat duplings as a symbol of 团圆。Well actually I'm not very sure, I might have mixed it up with 团圆饭, but anyway I think the meaning is still there! I thought it was a pity that we couldn't have some rice dumplings for the elderly but nevertheless, food and drink was going around and the festive mood was really high thanks to all who made the event such a success! :)I think the idea of 团圆struck me more than Christmas itself in this context, because it really encompassed the significance of the get-together with the elderly to celebrate, no matter what festival it's for.



We had the usual lucky draw yesterday, but it never struck me so hard before how very different lucky draws can be. I was at a lucky draw the night before as well and the prizes comprised of things like Guess Watches, Crumpler bags, etc etc. The nature of the gifts were as such and yet everyone taking part in the lucky draw was still comparing the "value" of the gifts. But yesterday, the elderly were already really glad to receive nice little food packs from us. I was really touched at the way they tried so hard to involve themselves in the games and tried to win, never taking things for granted. In life's journey we still have so much to learn from them and every session I attend I find that I'm learning something new...



Ok so here's wishing everyone a super duper Merry Xmas and a Happy New Year!! May LB have a great 2008 as it did 2007 and may we be able to learn more from the elderly next year as well! See you guys next year! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home