Saturday, December 15, 2007

15 Dec 2007 Visit [Hokkien]

Hi everyone!

I am Wee Kiong, a new member joining in the LB house visits today! Was attached to the Hokkien Dialect Group today with Wei Jian, Yu Pei, Fred and Yong Wei today. Well, the experience was not too bad, despite the heavy downpour we encountered (on our way to IKEA after the visits to buy stuff for the upcoming events), everything went quite smoothly still. :P

I was quite apprehensive at first on what I would expect on my first house visit today, but things turned out ok after all. The elderly whom we visited today were very hospitable towards us, although the blind sisters or is it the younger one if I am not wrong was a bit shy at first, but they managed to open up more later on, with Fred breaking the ice.

When we turned up at Uncle Lee's house, he was in the shower and we waited a while for him while Auntie Lee offered us drinks. It had started to pour by then and when we saw Uncle Lee he was still complaining of being quite breathless given the cold weather and we advised him to put on some warmer clothing. Was told by my teammates that Uncle Lee is quite a sociable elderly and he went on to tell us of his younger days when he used to go fishing out in the open sea.

Well overall the experience was quite like how I always interacted with my grandparents, and I had a great time today! See you guys soon again on the next visits!

2 Comments:

At 12/18/07, 3:05 AM , Blogger Suanzy said...

Hi Wee Kiong! Thanks for selling your saturday afternoon to LB!

Such visits aren't supposed to be fun. If they were, everyone would have been a volunteer. Nevertheless, I guarantee that the Xmas celebration would be fun!

Collect your stories today! Cya at the celebration!

Your detailed 1st post is noted! =)

 
At 12/18/07, 10:03 AM , Blogger DanieLChiP said...

Haha. Wee Kiong, it's Tiong Wei, not Yong Wei!!! :-)
Take care and cheerz!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home